- Wear comfortable clothing.
- We encourage practicing in bare feet, though some students prefer to keep socks on.
- Since the practice is physical, it is best to practice on an empty stomach, if possible.
- We encourage students to bring their own yoga mat; however, loaner mats are available at no charge.
- Water is available in the studio, you may wish to bring a water bottle.
- A restroom is available that may be used as a changing space.
- Feel free to ask questions, especially if you do not understand something.
- Please bring an open mind and a positive spirit. Be prepared to sweat.
- Stay for savasana. If you must leave class early, leave before savasana in order to avoid disrupting the students who wish to take advantage of this meditative, restful stage.
- Mobile devices are not allowed in class. All mobile devices should be silenced and stored with your personal belongings, outside of the practice space.
- New students are required to sign a waiver prior to participating in their first class, you may download a PDF version of our waiver to fill out prior to coming into the studio, Marshall Yoga Shala New Student Waiver
- Please make every effort to arrive on time for class, as late arrivals are disruptive.
- Every student is required to check in at the front desk before class starts.
- Remove shoes prior to entering the main studio area.
- At the close of the class, please return all props to the place and presentation in which you found them.
- If you borrow a mat, please wipe it down prior to putting away. Mat cleaner and towels are provided.
- Avoid strong perfumes or scents. We practice in close quarters, and strong scents travel easily to your neighbor, possibly irritating their breathing.
- Practice Saucha - shower or bathe before coming to class and wear clean clothing. Use a clean mat and towel.
- A modern, clean, and accessible bathroom is provided in the studio. Help us keep it that way and avoid plumbing issues by using the trash receptacle provided. Do not flush paper towels or personal hygiene products.
Special Conditions & Injuries
Anyone with serious medical conditions or injuries should consult a doctor prior to participating in a yoga class, or other fitness class. Our classes offer a wonderful practice and we encourage you to listen to your body, taking the appropriate modifications. The practice should not hurt. It is your responsibility to inform the teacher if you have any injuries, or if you are pregnant prior to the start of class.
Young Student Policy
Any student under 18 years of age must have a parent/guardian’s signature on the waiver.
Our classes are designed for students 16 years of age and older. Students 13 to 16 years of age may attend classes when a parent or guardian has signed the waiver indicating their permission.
** Minors may not sit in the reception area while the parent or guardian takes a class. The staff are not authorized to supervise children.**
Your privacy is very important to us. Any personal information you choose to give us will only be used to help us provide you with the highest quality services, products, and support.
We will never share your personal or financial information with any other party. We do not share bank or credit card information with any outside parties.
Class Cancellation, Refund and Pass Policy
Once a punch card or pass is activated, refunds are not possible. Passes are not shareable. Each student must have their own pass.
If you sign up and pay for a series, and find that class not to your liking, you may exchange it for another class offered in the same series.
Classes could occasionally be cancelled by the studio if there is insufficient interest, or if a teacher has an emergency, or in case of inclement weather. If the class is cancelled you will be notified via Facebook post as soon as possible. Cancelled classes will be re-scheduled whenever possible.
Workshop Cancellation and Refund Policy
If you sign up and pay for a workshop and are unable to attend please contact us to cancel at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled time of the workshop. If your request for cancellation is received within the 48 hour period that is required you can get a refund minus a 20% administration fee, or you can get a full refund credited to your Marshall Yoga Shala account (this credit can be used toward any purchase).
If we receive your cancellation request less than 48 hours prior to the scheduled workshop a refund will not be possible. Cancellation requests must be made by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Absence from a workshop is non-refundable. If you cancel on the day of the workshop or after it has taken place, a refund or credit will not be possible.
Workshops could occasionally be cancelled by the studio if there is insufficient interest, or if a teacher has an emergency, or in case of inclement weather.. If the workshop is cancelled you will be notified by email as soon as possible, and you will receive a full refund or full credit toward your Marshall Yoga Shala account if you choose.
Code of Ethics
At Marshall Yoga Shala, we strive to live and work according to The Four Agreements. They are as follows:
- Be impeccable with your word
- Don't take anything personally
- Don't make assumptions
- Always do your best
For more in depth study of these principles, we invite you to read The Four Agreements, by Don Miguel Ruiz.
We also embrace the principles of classical Yoga as outlined in the Yamas (observances), and the Niyamas (abstinences, or restraints).
The Yamas are:
- Ahimsa - non violence, or non-harming
- Satya - truth
- Asteya - non-stealing
- Bramacharya - moderation
- Aparigraha - non-grasping, simplicity
The Niyamas are:
- Saucha - purity, cleanliness
- Santosha - contentment
- Tapas - austerity, discipline
- Svadhyaya - self-study
- Ishvara Pranidhana - surrender to higher power/God
These principles are explained further in any translation of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.